Pages

Tuesday 22 November 2016

Top 5 Products for Troubled Skin

Since becoming pregnant, I've found that my skin has just been freaking out. My face has been breaking out (I guess this has to do with hormones), my hands are so dry and itchy all the time, and now I'm worried about getting stretch marks as my stomach grows bigger. These are some products that have been helping to relieve my skin issues this month.





1. Kate Somerville Eradikate Blemish Control Serum: I picked this up at Sephora for $34. I apply it before bed with a cotton swab and just dab it on each pimple and when I wake up in the morning the serum has dried it out and it starts to fade.

2. Cerave Body Cream: Available at Shopper's Drug Mart for $20. This is literally the only cream I've ever tried that actually relieves the itching and moisturizes my hands without making them feel super greasy and irritating them further. I've probably went through 6 tubs of this stuff already so I would definitely recommend this to anyone suffering from super dry, itchy skin.

3. Bio-Oil: You can pretty much find Bio-Oil at any drugstore. I got mine from Shopper's Drug Mart for $10. I cover my stomach and legs in this stuff in order to avoid getting stretch marks. So far, so good but I'm also not huge yet. We'll see how well it works by the end of this pregnancy lol. I like this product because it's hypoallergenic and I'm literally allergic to everything so that's awesome. Bio-Oil can also be used for many different things such as dry skin, blemishes, and scars.

4. Garnier Micellar Water: I had been using a pricier micellar water by Bioderma for over a year until they finally released the Garnier Micellar Water in Canada. The Garnier version is about half the price at $10 a bottle (Shopper's Drug Mart, or really any drug store) and works just as good, in my opinion. It's so important to remove your make up before bed in order to avoid breakouts and this is an easy, effective product to use.

5. L'Oreal Pure Clay Purity Mask: I purchased this mask for $13 from Shoppers Drug Mart. I find this mask to be just as good or even better than expensive masks I've purchased at Sephora. It's great to use once a week just to purify your face after a long, busy week. I'll usually use it after I come home from the gym, before I jump in the shower.



No comments:

Post a Comment