Pages

Sunday 20 November 2016

Baby Bump Week 14: Entering the Second Trimester

This week is a very exciting one for us! Week 14 marks the end of the first trimester and the start of the second trimester. Apparently the second trimester is the "easiest" one of the three. I had a bit of a hard time with the first trimester and experienced a lot of morning/all-day sickness, loss of appetite, and mood swings. It was definitely hard to go through that while also trying to hide the fact that I'm pregnant from friends and co-workers.

The second trimester is also when the risk of miscarriage decreases dramatically and will continue to decrease until the birth of the baby. So it's safe to say that I can finally get excited for the rest of this pregnancy, as it should (hopefully) be smooth sailing from here until the baby's born.

Since reaching this point, we felt comfortable announcing to everyone on Facebook that we are expecting. It was such a relief to be able to talk freely about it with friends and co-workers, especially since the news is too exciting to keep to myself. Here's the photo we used to announce it on Facebook:

We took this photo in Bowring Park a couple of weeks ago. An older man asked us if we were making an ad for Starbucks (LOL)

I decided that I wanted to take bi-weekly baby bump pictures so that I could look back on them and see how much I've grown. It's also a fun way to show my friends and family how much the baby and I have grown. Everyone gets so excited when I send them the pictures :) I bought these milestone signs from an Etsy shop called "PearlPearDesigns". They came in the form of a downloadable file, so I got them printed off at Staples then purchased a frame from Michael's so I could change them out each time I took a bump picture. Anyways, here is my small collection of baby bump pictures (starting at Week 10): 








Only 180 more days until the due date (May 20, 2017). I'm so excited to meet our little bundle of joy!!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment