Pages

Saturday 19 November 2016

Christmas Decor 2016

Is it too early to decorate for Christmas? Probably. But when I saw so many people's Christmas trees on Snapchat and Instagram, I just couldn't resist (making Andrew) haul all of my decorations up from the basement. At first, Andrew was opposed to decorating until December, but he started to get excited once we opened up all of the boxes and he actually ended up doing a lot of the decorating (I know, right?!).

Christmas decorations just create such a cozy, warm feeling at home; and since the weather in St. John's has been upwards of 15 degrees Celsius with fog all week, I figured that decorating for the holidays would help get me in the Christmas spirit :)

Last year was our first Christmas in this house since we purchased it back in January 2014. I was so excited to finally get to buy our first full sized Christmas tree along with all of the ornaments, stockings, wreaths, and whatever other festive looking pieces I could think of. 

I decided to go with a less traditional theme (much to Andrew's dismay) and picked out a white pre-lit tree with peacock inspired ornaments. 99% of everything came from Canadian Tire as they had the best selection of decor in all of St. John's (in my opinion) and the prices were pretty good too. 

I went to Canadian Tire last night to check out this year's decorations and colour schemes and they had so much awesome new stuff but I had to resist, knowing that I had bought everything new last year.

Here are a few pictures of the decorations I have up so far (I'll add more in a new post as more decorations go up):

Tree: Canadian Tire | Ornaments: Canadian Tire and Bouclair | Tree Skirt: Bouclair | Picks: Canadian Tire

Set of 3 LED Christmas Trees: Costco | Stockings: Bouclair | Mirror: Bouclair | Table: Bouclair | Candles and Candle Holders: Bouclair | Frame: Michael's
LED Christmas Trees: Costco

"NOEL" Sign: Bouclair | Vase: Bouclair | Sparkly Picks and Sticks: Canadian Tire | Peacock Feather: Canadian Tire
Vases: Bouclair | Christmas Picks: Canadian Tire

Wreath: Home Sense | Christmas Flowers and Picks: Canadian Tire | Apothecary Jar: Home Sense | Christmas Ornaments: Canadian Tire

Andrew and I turned on "A Christmas Story" after we finished decorating  then we  snuggled up on the couch and admired the decorations. P.S. Only 35 more days until Christmas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment