Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2016

9 Cozy Christmas Gifts for Her

Christmas shopping can be a very exciting, yet daunting task. I've always found it hard to come up with gift ideas for the women in my life so I usually end up just getting them a gift card or straight out asking them what they want for Christmas. But that approach takes out the element of surprise and excitement on Christmas morning since they already know what they're getting. This year, I tried to subtly ask everyone what they need/want for Christmas just to get a basic idea of what to look for, but I still made the final decision and am just hoping the recipient will enjoy what I picked out. I created this Holiday Gift Guide to use as an inspiration board. This list consists of 10 items that are pretty safe to buy for almost any female on your shopping list and will fit any budget :) Happy Christmas shopping!!



1. Ugg Slippers: I've been a fan of Uggs since high school (so, at least 7 years). The quality is excellent and they are so comfortable. I know some people might disagree, but I think they're pretty stylish :) Ugg slippers are an excellent gift idea for someone who appreciates nice things but might not buy them for themselves. I found these ones on sale at The Shoe Company for $91 (bargain!! since they normally retail for $125).

2. Blanket Scarves: They're such practical, yet stylish gifts. They are perfect for travel and sporting events because you can wear them as an accessory and then use them as a blanket when you get cold. Multipurpose products are always an awesome gift. I was super grateful to have mine at the last St. John's Ice Caps game I went to :) I got this one from Chapters for $39.

3. Michael Kors Watch: Michael Kors is so popular these days, that I bet whoever you get a MK gift for would love it. Their jewelry is pretty affordable in comparison to a lot of other brands and the quality is excellent.  It's a very heavy, durable watch and has it endured many bumps and bangs and still looks brand new. I got this one for around $250 at Bogart's in the Avalon Mall and it goes with every outfit and isn't too flashy or tacky.

4. Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade: This is definitely a holy grail make up product that's good for pretty much anyone who wears make up. Anyone I've recommended this too has loved it and the colour selection is great. Dip Brow lasts forever, is very practical, and it's something that people might not even know exists. There are so many eye brow products on the market right now and I can safely say I've tried most of them; but this product is by far the best and lasts the longest. It's only $23 at Sephora and can easily last over a year.

5. Mugs: Mugs are always so useful and there are so many different ones that you can always find one to give someone. Chapters has an amazing selection for only $10-$15 and I found so many cute ones for friends and family members that I'm sure they'll love.

6. Make-up Gift Sets: MAC and Sephora always come out with the best holiday gift sets during this time of year. They are the best value for your money and come perfectly packaged as a gift. Someone always gets me a make up gift set for Christmas and I'm always overjoyed to receive it. They are excellent for anyone from beginners to makeup-obsessed people like me. It's a great way for people to try several different products before they invest in the full size. They come in all different price ranges so they'll suit any budget. I love the new Beauty Blender Gift set which costs about $55 at Sephora and this Nude Lip Gift Set from MAC for $42.

7. Cozy Hoodies: I love oversized hoodies to wear around the house and when I'm out camping or out for a walk. They just feel so cozy like a big piece of material is giving you a hug haha. East Coast Lifestyle makes some really cozy, yet stylish hoodies and their selection is so large that you'll find something to suit everyone on your list. They are a good way to show your pride for living on the East Coast and would be a great gift to give someone who is living away from home. You can buy them at Pseudio or on the East Coast Lifestyle website for around $65.

8. Pyjamas: I personally love getting pyjamas for Christmas. There are so many cute holiday pj sets out right now and it's a gift that I'm sure any girl in your life would love and use. PINK always has the cutest sets. I got this festive and cozy onesie for $79.95. They've also got these awesome waffle henleys ($35) with matching shorts ($30).

9. Scented Candles: Almost everyone I know loves getting candles as gifts. My mom and mother in law always tell me they want candles whenever I ask them what they want for birthdays, Christmas, etc. Bath and Body Works has a huge selection of candles, especially at Christmas time and there are so many scents to choose from. I typically buy everyone some type of vanilla-smelling candle because it's the least offensive smell that pretty much everyone loves. Bath and Body Works always have coupons on the go and in-store offers. Each candle normally retails around $25 but I have never paid full price there (I normally pay around $12 after using coupons).



2 comments:

  1. First of all, I'm super excited that there's another Newfoundland blogger out there! :) Secondly, this list is spot on. I basically get slippers, PJs, candles and makeup every year for Christmas and I always love receiving those gifts. Definitely a wise choice for the females in your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine! I'm super excited to finally be joining the blogging community after contemplating it for so long! Thanks for taking the time to read my post :)

      Delete